Monday 17 August 2015

karma

In western society we are indoctrinated throughout our lives to believe that a death sentence means we are guilty. Death row is reserved for those convicted of the worst, most heinous of crimes.

“You got the wrong guy!” 
“I didn’t do it!”
“I’m innocent, I tell ya!”

Although these cries may be heard echoing within the halls of justice, the overwhelming consensus outside of those halls is often.. 
“If he’s been sentenced to death, he must have done something really bad.”

http://www.thepassingdiaries.blogspot.ca
When a terminally ill patient receives his dire prognosis, often the response is.. 
“Why me?”
“I don’t deserve to die!”
“But I’ve never smoked a day in my life!”

At that moment (because he has denied his own mortality all his life), the shock that his body has ‘failed’ him raps a blinding veil around his being, shielding him from the reality of his own inevitable fate. Death.

The weight of karma’s rule, if you are bad, bad things will happen to you, burdens us with the belief.. 

What did I do to deserve death.. the king of all bad things.


No comments:

Post a Comment