Saturday 2 May 2015

being near

My mother never waisted energy arguing with me to have an afternoon nap. She presented it as a beautiful opportunity to have some delicious alone time with her. We would snuggle up, forehead to forehead, breathing in each others warm breath. Of course I would always wakeup alone, hearing the sound of kitchen activity.

During the last days of mom's life, I yearned to soak up every opportunity to be near her - touch her face, feel her hair, and savour the essence of her Self.

Illustrations © Barbara J Holzapfel

Watching Martha and her daughter sharing a pillow and a gentle moment together brought me back to my own precious memories of laying with my mom.

1 comment:

  1. That's being in the moment and in the gentle passed at the same time.

    ReplyDelete