Thursday 14 May 2015

precious time

I left the ranch, and Martha and Barry, this afternoon. Each time I visit, my long drive home is filled with echo's of images, and conversations - faces and voices, and fear that I may not be able to fully capture and express the tenderness and importance of my experience with this family at this most precious time.
But then, I ask myself, why would one moment hold more importance than another, and if we knew this was our last moment in this life, would we live it differently? We must admit that, ultimately we will never know which moment will be our last. So, with our society's current obsession with being in the moment, in the 'now', why is it we turn away from the moments that are leading us, with great intimacy, to our death?

Having said that, I believe that it is the subtle importance of each moment in life that leads us to live our most inspired life and enlightened death.

No comments:

Post a Comment