Tuesday 5 May 2015

death makes life possible

I was having tea with a few friends over the weekend and the subject of my blog came up. I was taken aback at their response to my invitation to visit the blog, Facebook page or Indiegogo campaign. The majority of my friends hadn't visited this blog due to their overwhelming fear of death and the anticipation that reading about death would make them cry. I was astounded!

I understand the desire to surround oneself with light and joy, but purposefully avoiding aspects of life in order to not feel, not cry.. I do not understand. If we are to experience the absolute potential of living this life, we must keep our inner emotional door open. There is only one door, and closing it from any negative emotions will also close the door to positive emotions. The fear of death, not only ones' own, will impact how one lives life.

A dear friend of mine sent me a link to a website this morning. - http://deathmakeslifepossible.com/blog/

I was so excited to know this is out there! Deepak Chopra speaks about the community and film connected to this movement. This is a small excerpt from his introduction..

"The key to the conquest of death is to discover your true self. Your true self is not in form. Your true self is formless. Your true self is inconceivable. When we connect with our true self, which is in the field of infinite possibilities, infinite creativity, infinite synchronistic correlation, where the power of intention resides, then we are liberated from the fear of the unknown because the so-called unknown has become known to us."

How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment