Monday 18 May 2015

what?

For a few days now, I don't really want to look to see how many, I have struggled to write or sketch. The passion I feel for this project, to increase the awareness around our societies relationship with death and dying, is sometimes suffocating. Whatever I begin to write or sketch doesn't feel important enough to finish. What does it matter? People are dying, alone, afraid and shamed into isolation, and I am drawing pictures and sharing stories about having your nails painted. What?

2 comments:

  1. What you’re actually doing is opening up the stranglehold the fear of death has on most of us. And, it’s working! The light you’re shining on the part of leaving this life that can be beautiful and tender is very strong and exceedingly important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vicki. I really appreciate that comment!

      Delete